SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA, U.S.A.
Welcome to the Golden City, the City by the Bay. San Francisco, CA has so much to offer for residents and visitors. Michelin-star restaurants, unicorn start-ups, and championship sports teams are just a few highlights that keep it interesting. San Francisco is #1 city in the world for food, technology, natural landscapes, kitesurfing, interesting weather conditions, and more! 😊 We're more than happy to share the treasures that this historical city has to offer. Scroll on to see some top recommendations we have put together for foodies, techies, beginning kitesurfers, travelers, and city enthusiasts.
"San Francico is #1 city in the world for food, technology, natural landscapes, kitesurfing, and more!"
FOOD & NIGHTLIFE
There's no shortage of excellent food and drink choices in San Francisco. You'll find a variety of restaurants, bars, and cafes for all types of budgets and vibes. Honestly, the city is a foodie's dream. Here are a few pointers we think you should check out while you're in the city. Bookmark this page for future reference, and share with your friends and family.
Diverse Asian Fusion Food Scene
San Francisco's Asian roots are reflected in the restaurant scene and it boasts a wide array of selections across multiple neighborhoods. As apposed to some cities where Asian food spots are concentrated to certain neighborhoods, one can find the most authentic to exotic Asian cuisine throughout the San Francisco. Some of our favorites include:
- Ryoko's - a Japanese bar & restaurant, popular post-clubbing stop with a long sushi menu & DJs some nights
- Liholiho Yacht Club - a buzzy, casual eatery for Hawaiian, Indian & Chinese dishes in a brick-walled space with booths
- Marafuku Ramen Bar - a hot bowl of Japanese ramen is the best after a day on the windy beach! Get the Tonkotsu topped with perfectly cooked, substantial chashu.
- Dragon Beaux - Great for a big group, whether you're into dim sum anytime of the day or a fun hot pot experience. Choose your favorite broth and cook fresh ingredients on the table with your friends!
- Daeho - this hot & new Korean restaurant is already famous for it's fall-off-the- bone, melt in your mouth Kalbijjim (braised beef rib)
- Burma Superstar - Popular spot serving cuisine inspired by the coastal, forest, tropical and mountainous Burmese culture and ancient traditions.
West Coast Foodie Vibes
Walking through the diverse neighborhoods in SF on a warm sunny day, you can almost smell the sweet richness and abundance of this unique city. It doesn't only attract the smartest, most entrepreneurial crowd, but also shows off the lush greenery and nature which motivates people to get outside and live an active life all year round. Soak in the nice views, vibes and bevies at:
- Flores - Hip Mexican restaurant with gorgeous decor on Union Street, known for their sophisticated cocktails, 5/5 patio seating and incredible food.
- Sessions at the Presidio - Buzzy craft-beer bar & New American gastropub with a roomy, modern interior & outdoor seating overlooking the Golden Gate Bridge.
- Bar Crenn & Atelier Crenn - Dominique Crenn's elegant wine bar serving French small plates in vintage Parisian-style surrounding. Atelier Crenn next door offers innovative French dishes in a minimalist setting.
- Beach Chalet & Park Chalet - Historic building in Golden Gate Park with ocean views, housemade beer and American fare. I personally prefer the Park Chalet beer garden on the backside for less crowd, chill vibes and indoor/outdoor environment.
- Pearl 6101 - Lovely neighborhood restaurant serving California inspired Mediterranean cooking with drinks to match from SF natives and global gastronomers.
- Travis Marina Bar - Arguably the coolest bar in town, hidden on the second floor of Presidio Yacht Club just North of Golden Gate Bridge. Go after a nice hike in Marin Headlands for the best view of the bridge, city and sunset. Live music Thu-Sat nights and bookable for private events.
- Scoma's - Hide from the tourists of Fisherman's Wharf in this spacious waterfront restaurant just off the beaten path. Try their amazing seafood pulled straight off the boat and the Pisco Punch, a SF classic cocktail.
- Bourbon & Branch - Swanky, dimly lit speakeasy known for handcrafted cocktails and a secret library with floor to ceiling books from the Prohibition Era. Reservations required for sit down full menu, or ring the buzzer and whisper the password 'books' to stop by for drinks.
Health Conscious Travelers
With the influences coming from 60's hippie movement to the latest hipster trends, SF works hard to accommodate the pickiest of the health nuts one can imagine.
SURFING & KITESURFING
Ocean Beach, Eagle's Point, Fort Point, Dead Man's, Point Reyes, China Beach, Baker Beach, Kelly's Cove...
LOCAL ACTIVITIES & ATTRACTIONS
Golden Gate Park, Golden Gate Bridge, Embarcadero, Ocean Beach, Coit Tower, Chinatown, Little Italy, Japantown, Little Russia, Park Presidio, Glen Canyon, Hyde Street Pier...
NATURAL LANDSCAPES & BAY AREA
Tahoe, Sanoma, US1, Santa Cruz, Yosemite, Waddell Creek, Sausolito, Oakland, Berkley, Napa, Half Moon Bay, Palo Alto, Angel Island, ...
TECHNOLOGY & OPPORTUNITIES
SalesForce, Lyft, Syapse, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Google, Apple, ...
UNIVERSITIES & COLLEGES
SFAI, CCSF, Stanford, UC Berkley, USFCA, ...
PUBLIC TRANSIT & TRANSPORTATION
BART, MUNI, Trolley's, Buses, bikes, Lyft, electric skateboards (Inboard)...
ANIMALS & WILDLIFE
Sea Lions, Birds of Prey, Fish, Bears, Whales, Dolphins, Sharks, Coyotes...
NEIGHBORHOODS & DISTRICTS
Neighborhoods: Twin Peaks, Tenderloin, SOMA, NOPA, Richmond, Sunset, Dogpatch, Hayes Valley, Noe Valley, Marina District...